Friday, April 22, 2011

Exit Ticket Artifact

As we left each session of class we were asked to create an exit ticket. I have never done this before but found it a good opportunity to reflect on what had been presented and consider how we might best use this information in a classroom setting.
I have attached an image of my exit ticket from Day 4. In this particular lesson we discussed how technology can be used to assist the learning of our students. As I have been experimenting with technology a lot this year I found this lesson interesting. It was nice for me to share my experiences and I think in this lesson I also presented my podcast chapter review for chapter 7. Sometimes I think that everyone must be using technology in the same way that I am but the more I speak about it the more I realize that many people haven't had the opportunity to utilize it in the ways that I have.
In the second half of the class we learned about creating mind maps. I have been using this method of note taking/presenting information in class for many years but I felt that I learned how to make my mind maps more effective. I can now put more information into them without really using up more space on the page. Already I have put this to use in my chapter reviews. I like creating mind maps but it wouldn't be my preferred method of taking notes, that would be the Split Page - Cornell method, another style of note taking that I was first introduced to during this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment